Thursday 29 April 2010

A Touch of Asia


I've always liked to travel to unusual places and experience different cultures. It's a great way to broaden the mind and see how other people live. The Indian Sub-Continent and Asia are favourites of mine with a particular soft spot for Sri Lanka having lived there for 4 years.






Like many other people who travel, I often collect artifacts from the various places I visit, both as momento's and also to add to my eclectic assortment of unusual home accessories. Some of my favourite pieces are the wood wall plaques that I have depicting jungle scenes or, if I really want to bring a smile to my face, the cheeky kama sutra wall plaque.





Other items I have collected include my coastal shell sculpture. Having grown up in Devon with the luxury of the beach nearby, the sculpture reminds of school holidays spent collecting shells that then found their way onto the many trinket boxes that I made!!







In fact I'm off to Devon for the bank holiday weekend. Despite the fact that from a weather point of view it's supposed to be a wipeout, maybe I'll go to the beach and do spot of shell collecting or even crabbing. On the other hand I may just stay at home in the warm and admire my sculpture, using my imagination instead to pretend I'm at the beach!


No comments:

Post a Comment